Stryker Hip Lawyers
Dedicated to Reaching Justice for Injured Patients Nationwide
In 2012, the Stryker corporation recalled hip models Rejuvenate and ABG II after thousands of patients reported severe failure. The metal-on-metal hips systems are prone to shredding, which can cause splinters of metal to pierce the surrounding flesh and to enter the bloodstream. As a result, patients often experienced inflammation, pain, disability and infections and were forced to undergo additional surgeries to replace the hip and repair the damage.
Searcy, Denney, Scarola, Barnhart & Shipley, P.A. recognized these problems before the FDA took action. Our Florida Stryker hip lawyers began an investigation into the defective products long before the Stryker hips were recalled. We filed the first lawsuits against the manufacturer to recover damages in Stryker Rejuvenate System and the ABG II failures and still remain on the forefront of Stryker litigation.
Our Stryker Litigation Team
Founded in 1979, Searcy Denney is a well-regarded injury litigation law firm based in Florida. Our Stryker hip lawyers file claims on behalf of clients located across the country. Because of the substantial numbers of victims, the courts have consolidated proceedings into multidistrict litigation (MDL) in New Jersey — the state where the defendant is domiciled. Searcy Denney has filed more than 150 of the nearly 900 lawsuits filed in the New Jersey federal court against the Stryker company.
Our Florida Stryker hip lawyers offer injured patients and their families effective representation that includes:
- Steering committee member — Because of his substantial knowledge about Stryker, Searcy Denny lawyer Calvin Warriner has been named to the MDL steering committee. In this role, Cal makes vital decisions pertaining to the Stryker trials, including discovery, procedures, timing and bellwether cases that affect the entire course of litigation against the company.
- Experienced counsel — Attorney Calvin Warriner and other members of our firm have been involved in the Stryker investigation from the start and we remain on top of new research about the hip prosthetics. We have emerged as leaders in the fight for justice for injured Stryker patients.
- Resources to handle mass tort litigation — Success in MDL and mass tort litigation requires sophisticated strategies and meticulous organization. Our law firm’s Mass Tort Unit has the resources and experience necessary to reach the best possible outcome for each of our clients.
- Team approach to each case — Our firm comprises 29 seasoned lawyers, more than a dozen paralegals, investigators and other support staff. We have access to doctors, medical experts, economists and other professionals who assist us in building a strong case.
- Client respect and attention — Searcy Denney makes keeping in contact with clients a priority. We recognize that patients endure pain, disability and multiple surgeries as a result of the defective hip implant and we realize how important Stryker litigation is to injured patients and their families. Our firm provides regular updates to each client about case status and is always available to answer questions and listen to concerns.
Learn More About How Our Stryker Hip Lawyers Can Help
Consult with leaders in the Stryker hip litigation about recovering damages for injuries you sustained because of implantation of the defective hip. Call Searcy Denney at 800.780.8607 or contact our firm online to schedule a free no-obligation consultation with our experienced Florida Stryker hip lawyers.
Contact Us For Help Now! No Recovery, You Owe Us Nothing!
Watch one of our clients tell her real life story of the suffering she has been forced to endure as a result of injuries she suffered from defects in Stryker’s Rejuvenate Hip Implant.