C. Calvin Warriner III
C. Calvin “Cal” Warriner III joined the firm in 1988 as a seasoned attorney, with experience defending personal injury cases that included medical malpractice and products liability. Today, his distinct areas of practice include mass tort and complex litigation arising from the wrongdoing of pharmaceutical, medical device, and insurance corporations.
After 28 years with the firm, Mr. Warriner and the Searcy Denney team have represented Americans and their families in nearly every state in the country. His legal acumen is most commonly associated with defective medical devices such as Stryker hips, and dangerous drugs such as Xarelto and Pradaxa.
Mr. Warriner is Board Certified in Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and by The Florida Bar. He is currently serving on the Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section Executive Council. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys and has been named as one of South Florida’s top lawyers by Miami Metro Magazine’s South Florida Legal Guide. He has been nominated by his peers and received the distinction of being included in the prestigious publication, The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Warriner focus in defective medical devices and dangerous drug litigation has given him the pleasure to serve his clients in leadership positions on the following coordinated cases:
– MCL 296: IN RE: Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Modular Hip Implant Litigation, Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
– MDL 2197: IN RE: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., ASR Hip Implant Products, Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
– MDL 2004: IN RE: Mentor Corp. Obtape Tansobturator Sling Products Liability Litigation, Co-Lead Counsel
– MDL 2299: IN RE: Actos Products Liability Litigation, Science Committee
– MDL 2100: IN RE Yasmin and Yaz Marketing, Sales Practices and Relevant Products Liability Litigation, Science Committee
He also has substantial experience and has resolved numerous claims for clients involved in the following cases:
– Shoulder Pain Pumps
– Hormone Replacement Therapy
– Bausch & Lomb Contact Lens Solution
– AMO Contact Lens Solution
– Kugel Hernia Mesh
– Biomet Hip Implants
– Zimmer Durom Cup Hip Implants
– Nuvaring Birth Control
– OrthoEvra Birth Control
– Meridian and Citation TMZF hips
– Stryker Rejuvenate & ABG II Hip Implants
– Yaz, Yasmin, Gianvi Birth Control
An alumnus of Leadership Palm Beach County, Mr. Warriner has served as secretary and, for two terms, a member of the board of governors of the Young Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar. He has also served two terms on The Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee. He served four years on the Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission and was its chairman in 2002.
Mr. Warriner is an honors graduate of the University of Florida College of Law. He was raised in Panama City, Florida.
“The very essence of civil liberty is the right of every individual to claim the protection of the laws whenever he receives an injury.”
– Justice John Marshall